More About Me (David Lewis)
More about me and my personal life… if you’re interested in that sort of thing.
david lewis — owner
If you want to know more about the business side of things, keep reading. You can also:
The Big Picture
Monegenix® is a privately-owned independent digital life insurance agency specializing in insurance-based financial planning (financial planning which utilizes life insurance, annuities, and disability insurance). It also provides free and paid educational material financial apps and calculators to help individuals make better financial decisions. Insurance-based financial planning incorporates insurance product design with a unique type of financial plan which is designed to solve specific client problems and challenges. It is an integrated approach, taking into account an individual’s current financial plan, current and future financial goals, risk tolerance, risk capacity, and current and future expected financial resources.
For clients who want more control over their finances, I also offer a unique reserve-based budgeting and money management system.
For individuals who want basic life insurance services, Monegenix® also provides a unique “Quote and Apply” engine, where individuals can get a quote, print a life insurance illustration, and apply for life insurance right from this website without ever talking to an insurance agent or advisor and without receiving any spammy emails or annoying phone calls.
More About David Lewis
David C. Lewis, RFC, is the founder and owner of Monegenix® and has been a member of the International Association of Registered Financial Consultants since 2005.
In addition to providing financial advice to clients, David has helped develop educational, marketing, and client-approved content for large financial firms like Allstate, New York Life, State Farm, AmTrust, and J.G. Wentworth. His articles and essays on life insurance and Human Life Value are currently being taught at California State University (CSU) as part of its Expository Writing and Reading Course.
His articles have also been featured in online publications like ThinkAdvisor, The Huffington Post, NuWire Investor, and RealClearMarkets.
David is also the designer of xFlow™ and the xCalc™ suite of financial calculators, software applications which drive a unique insurance-based approach to budgeting, money management, life insurance and income planning, and general financial analysis, and is a central part of his insurance-based financial planning philosophy.
Want To Know More?
A great starting point for most people is to get on my daily email list. I tell lots of stories, anecdotes, link to client case studies, and discuss a lot of different, “controversial”, ideas… like how to:
- Stop “budgeting” and tracking expenses and have more control over your money;
- “Accidentally” pay off your debts using life insurance… while you’re still alive;
- Pay yourself the interest you’re now paying to banks and credit card companies without asking their permission;
- Pay off your mortgage (and other debts) early without making extra payments;
- Stop paying income tax on your retirement income without going to jail;
- Save money for your child’s future education without sacrificing your own retirement;
- Pay for long-term care without buying long-term care insurance and without going broke;
- Squeeze more money out of your 401(k) by earning less;
- Avoid taxation of your Social Security Income by getting rid of unnecessary “provisional income.”
- Protect yourself from unemployment, even if you have no savings right now;
- Plan for your future by living in the moment;
- Use the “dark arts” of financial planning to make better financial decisions by ignoring the past and without trying to guess what might happen in the future.
A word of warning… this email list is not politically correct. Sometimes, it’s not even grammatically correct. But… my hope is that, even if you end up hating my guts… I hope you somehow manage to learn something valuable.
One reader put it like this:
If that bothers you or if you think you might be offended by any of that stuff, that’s perfectly fine.. no hard feelings. I just want to give you a heads up that my email list is probably not the place for you. I don’t want to get a boatload of hate mail from you and you probably don’t need the extra stress in your life.
On the other hand, if you’re up for an adventure, you might be ready to join my email list. Just enter your primary email in the form below:
Want To Know More About The Ideas Behind What I Do?
Some people have asked about what kind of ideas drive me and my company. Pretty heady stuff for some folks, but hey if it floats your boat, I’m game to tell you all about it.